"Everyday brings something beautiful if we are just willing to look up and see it." {Marjorie Pay Hinkley}

Friday, November 15, 2013

Untouchable


Sometimes I really wonder where I will be in the next 2 in a half to 3 years. I have always thought ya I want to be married and be working and have my own house and yadda, yadda, yadda. The normal future that young girls see. Well now days, since I am mostly submerged into the real world after high school, things can flip in the blink of an eye. And it is exciting and upsetting all at the same time! You don't see things going exactly the way you always have, and I being one who is not a fan of change, I am not the biggest fan of all this growing up business. But one major thing I want to reflect on, that I think is going to be beneficial to not just myself but a lot of young girls who are in this "waiting" stage.


Being a sophomore in college is not all it's cracked up to be, college in general is not all it's cracked up to be. But we go because we have dreams, and we want to be something and ya that is life! But what about the dating aspect of college. Well I am not the girl that loves dating, like I don't like going on dates with different guys all the time, I don't like being set up on dates, I like dating. Just not the dating phase. When you're in a relationship- that is when dating becomes fun, but when you're just one of those wandering fish in the sea. Ya, I am not the biggest fan. Well I have been "single" for going on two years. And in those two years, how many guys have actually like asked me on a date..lets just say I could count them on one hand. Because apparently that just isn't the thing to do anymore, which I'm not complaining. Then I see some of my friends who literally have boys like dropping at their feet. Like I don't have any boys flocking to me?? Then the questions start coming, well what's wrong with me? I'm not bad looking, like I have nice teeth.. I like being outside more than inside.. and I don't understand. And then people always ask me "why are you single, you're the cutest girl" Like what am I suppose to say to that?? Most days I feel completely invisible to guys, and I go to the University of Utah! I go to institute! I live in Utah!! Girls my age should be close to marriage and I feel like I am the farthest away possible, like what is going on!





 
Well my dear friends, if you are feeling this way. If you are feeling almost like you have a repellent on that guys just wont even look at you, if you feel untouchable--like you are just on this pedestal waiting around. That is OK! Why is this ok? Because, let me tell ya. Heavenly Father is preparing us, as well as our prince charming, where ever he may be, a mission, school, living down the street from ya. It is just a matter of time. Oh time, we hate time. This waiting period can get lost, right? Wrong, this is the time we need to be worrying about ourselves, doing good in school or work or preparing for missions, whatever it is you're doing just get lost in it. Because I know that if we lose ourselves in positive aspects of life, the unexpected will happen and you'll look back on this time and laugh because you were worrying over something so silly. It is ok to feel untouchable. Untouchable means you have standards, it means you will love when you're ready and not lonely, and it means you are a daughter of Heavenly Father who is willing to shower us with blessings as soon as we are ready for them. So chin up buttercup. It'll all be ok :) Happy Friday, friends!! I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Love, Nessa

No comments:

Post a Comment