"Everyday brings something beautiful if we are just willing to look up and see it." {Marjorie Pay Hinkley}

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

91 and so young

On August 19th 1922 one of the cutest men to walk on the earth was born on the earth. That is right my very own Grandpa Bitner! Yesterday Gramps turned 91! I know, that is quite a number of years for a person to live, and Grandpa just lives on day after day. Some days are harder than others, and there are definite ups and downs. However, he handles being a 91 year old man pretty well.

For his birthday celebration we went and took him to his favorite place to eat which is Mcdonalds. haha. I don't know how but he could eat there like everyday and be happy as a bird with a French fry! After lunch we took him on the front runner down to Provo. Grandpa loves, like loves trains. All types of trains. So that is what he wanted to do was ride the train! He loved every minute of it. Even the part when we missed our stop. He was just glowing the whole time. After that we met up with some more of the family we went to dinner at the Sizzler and then opened presents. I gave Grandpa a Utah hat..of course :) and he loved it! Grandpa also went to the U so that is kinda cool for both of us!For being 91 he is doing pretty well.

I am so grateful to have this man in my life. He likes to call me his personal nurse because I help him with all his medical things like eye drops, his diabetic shots and take his blood pressure, so that is kinda fun. Grandpa is such a hard worker, even still to this day he helps me at the ranch more than any other person. He is a rancher at heart. Guess that's where I get it from.. haha. I love you Gramps and hope you had a wonderful day!! Now on to 92!

                                                                               <3// Nessa

No comments:

Post a Comment