"Everyday brings something beautiful if we are just willing to look up and see it." {Marjorie Pay Hinkley}

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

All you need is love & Cafe Rio

 
Well the second day of school is in the bag! And what a day it has been! I only had two classes today, one of which was institute so it was a pretty laid back day. However, let me just tell you, I love my institute class! It is so awesome! So fun! I am really excited for institute this year, I dunno why, I just have a good feeling about it. Last year I struggled with going to institute..but I kinda struggled with college in general, so this time around I am changing my ways! It is going to be a great year. I can feel it! So I feel obliged to share a bit of what we talked about in institute today. Because one I had never thought about it this way and two it was just a really good lesson!
 
So firstly, we talked about how if Jesus loves everyone, then I need to be able to love everyone too. Easy enough. I have thought about that before, ya it is pretty simple. Wrong. It is very, very difficult to love everyone all the time. Like when your sister ruins your shoes, ya you're not going to love her for at least a good few minutes, or when the biker on the road flips you off because you go around and pass him..I don't think you're feeling the love there. It isn't as easy as I thought. Well then my teacher said something I never really thought about. "We can love people and still not like them" This made me really think...like what! Just because you love someone doesn't mean ya have to like them enough to hang out with them all the time. He continued by saying. I love everyone enough to want to help them get back to Christ. Because Christ loves me enough to die for me. Heavenly Father loves me enough to send his only begotten son to die for me. For ME! After my teacher explained this to me it made me really want to try and be better at this. No it is not going to be easy. But I can love everyone. I can be an example to others, serve others and maybe if given the opportunity help someone back to Christ. I challenge you all to do the same. And if you aren't in an institute class, y'all should sign on up because it is a good time! Plus they always have free food so that is awesome. haha. I am grateful I have the opportunity to be in institute and cant wait to learn more and more about this glorious church. Always remember All you need is love :)
 
 
Ok so now a funny story of the day. My friend and I wanted to go to lunch at Café Rio and meet our friend who works down at temple square. We thought we would just meet at a park and pick up our food on the way. So we call in our orders and head on down there...well first of all. We got lost going to the park, then we finally get to the park and start digging into our food and realize there were no utensils...have you ever ate Café Rio without silverware! It is not the cleanest meal! Still delicious...just slightly messy. Not to mention this whole time we were scarfing down our food because we had class in 20 minutes! It was definitely a memory for the books! We laughed a lot.. Oh how I love my friends and Café Rio :) Thanks for reading!
 
<3// Nessa
 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment