"Everyday brings something beautiful if we are just willing to look up and see it." {Marjorie Pay Hinkley}

Sunday, August 4, 2013

A Place of Love and Beauty

 
Happy Sunday everyone!! I love Sundays for so many reasons. It is just a good day of the week! This Sunday was spent driving home from Twin Falls, Idaho! We traveled up to that pretty place for my cousins beautiful wedding..but we will talk about that later. I want to talk about my experience of having the privilege of doing baptisms for the dead in the Twin Falls Temple. As a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints we are able to have the opportunity to enter the temple. For more information on our lovely temples just go right ahead and click HERE. You wont be sorry you did :)

Whenever I have the chance to perform baptisms for the dead I take it up! Because I absolutely love it! And whenever I have to opportunity to go to a different temple I normally wouldn't go too I definitely take advantage of it. So I knew we were going to Twin Falls, Idaho, so I called up the temple and made an appointment for my sister, cousin and I to go to baptisms the day before the actual wedding. We arrived on time for our appointment and headed on in those big beautiful doors. Now normally when I go to do baptisms around the Salt Lake Valley the temples are very busy and I never have to make an appointment because their are always people doing baptisms so they just keep the baptistery open and more than once have I had to wait for awhile. Well at the Twin Falls Temple there is only one door that leads to everything in the temple. So we go on in and immediately there was just an amazing overwhelming of peace. Now don't get me wrong, I always feel peace when I go to the temple but this time for some reason it was different. It was one of those really special temple experiences where you can really feel the spirit. There was no one else doing baptisms, just the three of us. It was just for us, and it was such a special feeling. We were at the temple for about an hour, which is quite long for baptisms for only three people. However, they gave us the opportunity to baptize and confirm ten names as well as sit by the font for a few minutes. A fun fact about this temple is it is one of two temples in the church that has an oval font. So that was kinda cool. After we finished up inside we headed outside and took some fun pictures. Overall it was a very wonderful experience.

I am so deeply grateful for temples. They bring you exactly what you need, all you need to do is visit it. I am happy that I have the benefit of having so many temples in quick driving distance from my house, I can not even imagine having to drive such a long distance. I look up to those people who have to sacrifice great amounts of time so that they can visit the temple. They know as well as I that the temple truly does bless lives. The temple blesses lives in ways we cant even see. I look forward to the day when I am able to have the full blessings of the temple. I am amazed by the amount of youth that sacrifice their mornings as well as other times of the day to perform baptizes. I know here in Utah there is a great amount and it always warms my heart when I walk in and see as many people as I do. I am so grateful for this church and love it with all my being. I am beyond grateful that I could have this experience to visit the temple in Twin Falls. If you are every in the Twin Falls, Idaho area I invite you to stop by and take a look because it is extremely pretty!! Thanks so much for reading!!
                                                                          <3// Nessa


No comments:

Post a Comment