"Everyday brings something beautiful if we are just willing to look up and see it." {Marjorie Pay Hinkley}

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Glamping

 
This past weekend my family had the opportunity to go up and stay at the Heber Valley Camp in Heber, Utah. Every year my Grandma's side of the family has a family reunion and this year we had it at one of the most beautiful locations on the planet earth. If you ever have the chance to go up to this camp. GO! It is truly amazing. There is definitely a special spirit hanging up there in them woods. Some back ground on the camp. It was thought up and pursued by President Gordon B. Hinckley. He wanted a place for the young women of the LDS church to be able to have girls camp. Well let me just tell you that this ain't no camping. It is definitely glamorous camping or glamping! You get to stay in cabins and take showers and the pavilion..well the kitchen in that thing is like a kitchen off of the food network or something. It is SWEET! Anywho, it is ran by 70 to 80 missionary couples who camp up there for two summers and then 8 of the couples stay up there year round because it is open during the winter! I am definitely planning on serving a couples mission there with my future hubby..it is super awesome.
 
My family got to stay at the Marjorie Pay Hinckley campground. Which for my personal family was a very cool experience because President Hinckley is my grandpa's cousin, so my third cousin..which doesn't seem that cool. But it was pretty cool to stay there. It just held a sentimental type value to us. So we left Thursday and came back Saturday afternoon. And well..who knew that there was no cell service..but there definitely was not. Which was a bittersweet moment for me. However, by the end I was rather enjoying that cause I didn't have anything to distract me at all! If ya want some pure family time or just time to think..turn off the electronics cause those things can bring us great things but also take away from even better things. So at this family reunion, well all ya ever do at family reunions is eat, play games and eat. haha. So that is basically all we did! The camp has different challenge courses and a lake so we did do those two way fun things as well. Just let me tell you about this challenge course for a sec.. So ya climb up this like telephone pole and then walk across this log that's like a good 20 or more feet in the air and then ya zip line on down. It was definitely a challenge! It was scary!!! But so rewarding in the end! Lots and lots of fun! Secondly this lake. Its actually called Legacy Lake. Well ya can either canoe or paddle boat on it. I chose to paddle boat with my cousin. It was a lot of fun! But if ya haven't ever been paddle boating before! It is a great workout! So just be prepared for that!
 
This weekend has been such a blast! I am so glad to be a part of the Perhson family, they are definitely one of the most amazing families out there! Being able to go up to this camp was such a wonderful experience! I am so grateful for a prophet to have thought this up! Gordon B you da man! I love being a part of this amazing church and knowing that no matter where you are whether it be the mountains or sitting on the couch in tville, Heavenly Father is all around us. The blessings are a sure reminder of that. I hope everyone has also had a great weekend! Thanks for reading! :)
  
    <3// Nessa

No comments:

Post a Comment