"Everyday brings something beautiful if we are just willing to look up and see it." {Marjorie Pay Hinkley}

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Because of {it} I am who I am




Whenever I see this saying I can't help but feel; Proud. Blessed. Grateful. Loved. One of my cute relief society teachers made magnets to go along with her lesson on Sunday and I couldn't help but be more than excited for this cute little gift.

There are so many things in the world that can engulf our lives. Whether it be school, work, a friendship or even a relationship. It can turn our world upside down, take us for a ride and leave us wishing, hoping, and wondering. Or it can make our world everything we ever imagined. That is what The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has done for me. I love this church with every cell in my body. I have always been a member, born into the church, blessed, baptized, primary, young womens, and now relief society. The whole bit. But not until more recently have I ever been more proud to be a member. Not until recently has my testimony been more strong than it has ever been in my entire life. I have never felt the love of Christ more prominent in my life than I do right now. My heart is so full. I am so blessed. The spirit is what carries me through my days and I have become very reliable on it.

There was a time in my life when I felt so alone I didn't know what way to turn. I was mad at the boy, I was mad at my Heavenly Father, I was just mad at everyone. I pushed everyone out, because one person had pushed me out. They didn't do it intentionally to hurt me, but boy did it hurt. More than anything that has ever happened to me in my life. I could not understand or grasp for the life of me why this was happening. I didn't know what to do, I was lost. Everything that I thought to be perfect had disappeared just like that. Because of this trial that I went through, I have gained more than I ever would have thought. Heavenly Father really does put us through trials to strengthen us. At that time in my life, I thought I was done for. I didn't know what I was going to do. And now I look back on it, I don't regret any of it at all. But without this gospel I wouldn't have made it through. Heavenly Father is always there, ALWAYS. He will listen to you, when no one else will. Believe me many angry, tearful, heartfelt prayers were said at this time and he listened. He will always listen. I know we are faced with trials to make us stronger. We will become stronger because of them. We will gain something out of them, even when we think otherwise. I learned more about myself as well as others during this trial of mine.

I know I am not perfect, but I know by living with Christ as my example I will be able to return to him with open arms. I am proud to say that I am grateful that, that trial was given to me. I am grateful to all those who helped me through it, especially my family and friends. Things will always work out in the end. I have changed my ways because of this trial, I know that whatever happens, happens for a reason. Time really does heal. I know that without this church I would be nothing. Without the infinite love of my Heavenly Father I would be no where. This church is perfect and I am grateful I get to live it everyday. Don't ever give up, just look up. Say a prayer in your heart. He loves you. I love you. Hard times will happen, it is apart of life. But with our Savior I know we can get through anything. I know it. I live it. I love it. Thanks for reading..I know it was kinda a lot..but I love you for it :)
                                                                                    <3// Nessa

No comments:

Post a Comment