"Everyday brings something beautiful if we are just willing to look up and see it." {Marjorie Pay Hinkley}

Monday, September 16, 2013

One Day.


Lately things have been difficult. Like every little thing I do I have had to either try to cram it in, or do it unexpectedly. I am starting to have exams come up, and my classes seem to be getting busier and harder every day. I can tell now that this semester isn't going to be as easy as I hoped for. But then again college is never easy. And then again, nothing in life is ever easy. I have had some really hard days lately, and I know there is more on the way. I know my missing for my missionaries is just going to get worse. I know that me not wanting to send anymore of my friends out is going to get real, and I know things are going to get harder. Like all I can keep thinking is every person I talk to everyday, will be gone in the next 6 months. I know that waiting for the letters in the mail is going to be harder now than ever, because I wont get them every week because you're not in the MTC. And the emails are going to become less frequent and shorter because your internet is bad. Like can I really do this?

Yes.
 
I have made it through hard days before, I can make it through some more. One day I will get an A on that test. One day I will get that letter I have been waiting 4 weeks for in the mail. One day I will understand all my Chemistry homework and get in on time. One day that person will realize they do still need me in their life. One day all of you will all be home and I will be able to embrace your presence fully again. One day I will get the email that I so desperately need. One day I will be the one holding the hand of the most handsome man and be walking out the temple doors. One day I will be the mom that holds that beautiful newborn in her arms. One day I will be the girl who finishes a marathon. One day I will be able to travel the world. One day I will be the Doctor that I want to be. 
 
It may take time. Whether it be 2 years on a mish or 2 hours studying. Everything in life will take time. But all these things will happen one day. Today is not that day. But every day that passes is a day closer to all those things that one day, I will be able to achieve. If I can make it through this day. I can make it through tomorrow and eventually it will be the weekend and then hey guess what! That whole month will have flown by. No I am not wishing my life away. I love my life and I live in every moment. But sometimes when life is hard, you have to look to the future. You have to hope, dream and pray that the things you see in the future, you can eventually be blessed with.
I had the opportunity to go to the temple this morning with a dear friend. Yes, I woke up at 4:30 on a Monday and went to the temple. Can I just tell you, even though I was so tired I wanted to die. I am so grateful I had that chance. I love the temple more than anything. And in times like this. You just gotta go. Even if 4:30 is the only time you can squeeze it in. I promise it is worth it. It is more worth it than those couple extra hours of sleep.
I know that through The Lord and our Savior Jesus Christ I can find true happiness. I know that he is my constant companion and I can turn to him for anything. He will help me through everything. I know that the temple is a place where I can find peace and it can help me through the rough times. The power of prayer is more real in my life than it has ever been. I know that it can truly bless us and he can truly help us. All we have to do is let him. I love this gospel more and more everyday. I would be nowhere without it. It has literally carried me through, when I no longer thought I could go.
And with that I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
Thank you so much for reading! I love you all and appreciate you more than you know! I hope everyone had a great Monday!! :)
 
<3// Nessa


No comments:

Post a Comment