"Everyday brings something beautiful if we are just willing to look up and see it." {Marjorie Pay Hinkley}

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Never Forget {9/11}

 
Twelve years ago today lives were changed. Hearts were broken. And America was attacked by terrorist. Peoples lives were forever changed. As the two tallest buildings in America. The World Trade Center in New York City were hit by two hijacked planes.


I remember this day rather well. I was seven years old. At the time we were staying at my Grandmothers house due to her knee surgery. I remember I was ready for school and waiting for my mom but she wouldn't come out of the living room, due to the fact that her eyes were glued to the television. I remember my grandma saying a plane hit a building in New York, and that it must have lost engine power. Little did we know that America, specifically New York was being targeted for a terrorist attack. Shortly after the first hit, then came the second plane into the other tower and then a third plane into the Pentagon. Only being seven years old and not realizing what was happening I went to school. Mrs. Larsens 2nd grade class. I remember all the teachers being a little up tight, and some of my classmates talking about what had happened. Getting home that day from school, and turning on the tv I knew something very bad had happened.

 

A lot of people lost their lives that day. A lot of people also sacrificed their lives to save others. Businessmen and women, Firefighters, moms, dads, grandmas and grandpas. My heart still aches at the thought of the innocent people who were taken advantage of and had to be a result to someone's unfair decision. It was not right. It is not right. What happened on this day 12 years ago will never be ok. But it will rest in our hearts forever.

 
So this post is for all those who lost a loved one, all those who fought and lost their lives, and those who are still fighting to keep this from not happening again. I could not be more proud to live in this country. Even when something bad happened we were able to build ourselves back up. I am so grateful to all our soldiers who risk their lives everyday, and leave their families for months at a time to protect our country. We make this country. No one will every forget September 11, it will forever have a place in our minds and hearts. I hope you have all been able to reflect back for a moment, reflect upon the good in the world and how far we have come from that tragic event 12 years ago. Never Forget. 9/11. Thanks so much for reading! I hope everyone is having a good week! Happy Hump Day!
                                                                                    <3// Nessa

No comments:

Post a Comment